- .. title: About me
- .. date: 2019-06-21
- .. status: published
- .. authors: Elijah Lazkani
- I am a DevOps engineer with a passion for technology, automation, Linux and OpenSource. I love learning new tricks and challenging myself with new tools being released on a monthly bases around *kubernetes* and/or *configuration management*. On my free time, I like to write automation tools and packages which can be found on PyPi. Or, I might as well tinker with new things around *kubernetes*. I blog about all that *here*. I think if I can write a blog about it, I understand it enough to have an opinion about it. It all comes in handy when the business need arises. I play around with technologies all day long by deploying, configuring, managing and maintaining all parts of the infrastructure below the application layer. I dabbled with "architecting" parts of different infrastructures, from end to end and I can say I have a knack for it and I like it when possible.
- Here's a quick and dirty list of some of the technologies I've had my hands dirty with.
- - **Neworking**: Configuring routers and switches (Brocade, CISCO, Dell).
- - **Infrastructure**: Finding, automating, deploying and managing infrastructure key services. Too many to mention.
- - **Virtualization**: Building infrastructures for virtualization (HyperV, libvirt, proxmox, RHEV, VMWare).
- - **Configuration Management**: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- - **CI/CD**: Gitlab-CI, Jenkins.
- - **Cloud**: AWS.
- - **Development**: Python packages for plugging in different technologies together for automation.
- - **Containers**: Docker and Kubernetes deployment, management and supporting team deployments.